Here in this post we will see what is roll-up field and how roll-up field is configured in Dynamics 365. Here is a list of benefits using Roll-up fields in D365.
The benefits and capabilities of roll-up fields include the following:
- Visual editing is easy. You can create rollup fields by using the Field Editor, just like you do when you create a regular field.
- Wide selection of aggregate functions. You can aggregate data by using the following functions: SUM, COUNT, MIN, MAX and AVG.
- Full filter support for aggregation. You can set various filters for the source entity or related entity while setting multiple conditions.
- Seamless integration with the user interface. You can include the rollup fields in forms, views, charts and reports.
- Rollup fields are solution components. You can easily transport the rollup fields as components between organizations and distribute them in solutions.
- Rollup fields and the calculated fields are complementary to each other. You can use a rollup field as a part of the calculated field, and vice versa.
- If you updated your Online organization to December 2016 update for Microsoft Dynamics 365 (online), you can configure rollup fields to use custom controls.
Watch the video below for video practical. Please subscribe the channel for more videos.