This post will let you know how to configure Duplicate Detection Rule in Dynamics 365 system. Here we will learn,
Dynamics 365 has a very flexible process of Duplicate Record detection process. We can configure some specific rules against entities by providing the unique columns to identify duplicate record so that while new record creation or record update the system will prompt the message that a duplicate record exist so that user can take care of the record.
Here in this post we will learn the concept given below.
- What is Duplicate Detection Rule
- How to Configure Duplicate Detection Rules and Test
- Tips on Duplicate Detection Rule related to Deploy and Release
- Limitations of Duplicate Detection Rule
What is Duplicate Detection Rule
Duplicate Detection Rule is a process of defining the rules to identify a record is a duplicate of another record so that user can take correct action and the duplicate records will not be pushed into the system preserving the record uniqueness.
How to Configure Duplicate Detection Rule
To configure detection rule we should follow the below steps.
- Go to Site map and select Settings & Click Document Management
- From the options select Duplicate Detection Rules
3. Click New Button to create a new Rule.
4. Enter the required data as per your need. Here we are creating a duplicate detection rule to validate Account Records.
SO that we have Given the Name of rule, given a valid description, selected the Base Record Type as Account.
We can choose the matching Record type as other entity but here we only want to check with Account records.
In the condition section the Field Email is choosen to check the Exact Match Criteria.
5. Once we set the rule we need to save and publish to see the rule in action.
Now once we publish the Rule, If we create an Account record with an existing email address then it will alert as below.
Important Facts of Duplicate Detection Rule :
Limitations of Duplicate Detection Rule
- Duplicate Detection Rule Specification one can have only a rule with max match code of 450, which looks great only when the rule includes only strings or basic data types(like Integer, Money etc.), but the issue happens when a duplicate Detection rule carries at attribute of say an Option Set, it straight away consumes 255 of 450 match code length. Also a lookup field consumes more than 40 length. Which becomes really difficult to define one, because these data types don’t even support partial match, it has to be exact match.
- There is a limit of 5 published duplicate detection rules per entity
- TO disable Duplicate detection rule just go to settings and data management and select the rule and click UnPublish.
- Duplicate Detection rules cannot be included in solution so these rules are manually creates in all environment as we cannot move from one environment to other.
Watch the Video Tutorial For more details. Please subscribe the channel for more video.
Thanks for watching please subscribe the channel for more videos.